BROADTIME RETAIL MARKETING - Label Newsletter 2-24-17
Broadtime RSS (Record Store Syndication)
In Store and Online Music Marketing
February 24, 2017
Greetings Everyone, Happy First Quarter!
We are reaching out to our label friends with our periodic update of things Broadtime and Indie Retail.
In the newsletter:
1. Music Biz Meetings & SXSW
1. MusicBiz Meetings and SXSW Plans
We are happily scheduling our Music Biz Meetups now and we plan to have a some exciting new things to share this year. Please let us know what time slots and availability you have so that we may get together.
Additionally, please email us your SXSW plans for showcases and parties as well as we are figuring out that schedule as well.
2. Latest BPM Station developments
So at Broadtime we keep looking for ways to improve and provide even more effective tools for retailers to engage with their customers. Some of those improvements include a new freestanding version of our station AND a brand new headphone clip. The clip can mount to the new stand or to our existing wall/desk mount fixtures. It's a VESA standard so it works in all configurations.
We will begin including the headphone attachment on all new units. We will offer existing customers the ability to purchase them.
Here are some pictures: (Super Bowl Media Lounge)
3. Superbowl Houston and Broadtime
Broadtime was asked by the Houston Visitors bureau to provide a listening station solution for their Media Lounge for the big Superbowl this month. (I really thought ATL was going to make it happen.) We were excited to provide our stations and work with their local music community to showcase Houston artists both nationally known and truly local and unsigned bands.
If you would like to see the custom interface we created for it, hit me up via email and I will send you a link. We are super happy to be involved in the project and it opens up many new possibilities for us. If you have a radio station, festival or other event happening in your community, please consider how our stations could be utilized to enhance you and the music presence.
4. BROADTIME ON THE ROAD AND TOUR SUPPORT
As we look to creative ways, to drive more attention to artists and releases at retail, we contemplated the markets where we have website and kiosk customers and the map gives us some really good (and growing) coverage of the country. We are super excited to now have over 80 stations in service at stores around the country.
See Map below and interactively on our Tour Support page.
So, in addition to our tagging and display of videos, banners, and digital signage, we can create concert calendar events in the markets, and create additional signage and banners, and event tagging.
An individual Event for each show will be created and placed on the calendar of each Record Store within the touring market invoking an EVENT tag to be placed on each release of the artist. The tour dates will also be highlighted on The Home Page and Artist Page of each applicable site and Kiosk. (as well as New Release, and featured item pages)
Broadtime will create and provide an individual animated Kiosk screen saver sign and banners for each Record Store located within the touring market calling out the specific local date and venue. These will rotate when station is idle -
MAIN BULLET POINTS:
* It's up to 4 Months of ad coverage for the tour
We will add in Tour support on our proposals by default for a modest increase, to cover the cost of the dozen or so banners, signage, and event creation we will undertake. It's optional of course, for some titles it may make more sense to run as we do today.
However, the impact and improved exposure in the touring markets will pull in more and more fans to stores and shows.
Our new interface is very friendly to the types of label assets we regularly promote. It's really exciting to bring things that are really important front and center on the listening and discovery experience. We are able to promote the store brand in a much more creative way and call out titles that have assets in more places.
The Home screen has a WATCH VIDEOS button and Videos now play full screen before the album preview.
Please check out some of the exciting new branded interface elements and new video experience.
SOME NEW CUSTOMERS
It's no secret that we have been working hard to create a branded customer experience for our stores and for labels in the world of phone apps. While it's valuable to have our listening station delivered in app form, when it comes to creating the ideal app and relationship with customers there are lot of things to do and build. We have been working on the concept for over a year now and we are very close to wide scale roll out (starting with existing customers).
Let's explore them together:
1. BAR CODE SCANNING. Customers get the experience of scanning any barcode and preview both in your store and where ever they are. This keeps them branded back to you for both that feature and for purchase.
2. WELCOME TO THE STORE. Customers get a welcome PUSH message when they come into your store where you may offer coupons, or event or general information
3. STORE MARKETING & VIDEO. (see above images) Like the listening station, they take the experience of your marketing campaigns, featured titles, news, value-adds, and new releases all delivered to their phone and branded back to EACH store for that information. The app will also enable the native watching of VIDEOS.
4. PUSH MESSAGING. You are able to blast out a push message to all users about significant things that are happening at your store such as an IN-STORE or SPECIAL SALE, or even an INDIE EXCLUSIVE. Eventually, we hope to work with you to segment your users, so that you can target specific sets of customers (i.e. Jazz Reissue fans, Artists your customers follow, etc.)
5. MOBILE COMMERCE. It's true that mobile responsive websites are critical and necessary for reaching customers, though industry research suggest that the most powerful phone commerce is directly from a store app. Our first iteration will have a wishlist function for digital downloads (that they retrieve from the website) and then shortly after that we will add checkout for physical fulfillment, all the way through to AEC just like our sites. M-Commerce is now greater than 30% of e-commerce and growing rapidly.
Our ANDROID version of our BPM STORE APP is now in beta testing and we expect to be widely rolling it out to stores before Record Store Day. PLEASE LET US KNOW OF YOUR INTEREST so that we may prioritize customer delivery. You must at least have a listening station to get started.
Visit the Apple APP Store to download our new Plan 9 APP
and place our in-store listening experience in your pocket!
Please let us know what project we can shine a spotlight on for you! We are always happy to prepare an example and show you what is possible on our platform for both websites and Broadtime Preview Machines (BPMs).
Please look over the various ways we leverage digital assets to promote your album and reach out to us with any questions.
We are grateful for our growth and looking forward to the new year.
6. NEW RELEASE ROUND UP - Courtesy of Omega Music Dayton
RHIANNON GIDDENS - Freedom Highway - Nonesuch
CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH - The Tourist - Clap Your Hands
ALL THEM WITCHES - Sleeping Through The War - New West Records
LITTLE BIG TOWN - The Breaker - Capitol Nashville
DIA FRAMPTON - Bruises - Nettwerk Records
BROADTIME PROGRAM RESOURCES
Broadtime Record Store customers are some of the most successful and influential record stores in the country.